○ Set up a video hand-in assignment
- You would like to give learners the possibility to record a video and hand it in to you, the instructor.
- You would like to have learners record a video that other learners can give feedback to.
The recording feature only works in Chrome and Firefox.
You will need 1 of the following template type:
- Blended learning
With this template type, learners will not be able to give feedback to each other
- Social learning
- Game-based learning
Click the Templates tab and click Edit. Under the Template tab you can create a new activity with +Activity. Then choose Video hand-in assignment.
1) Fill in the assignment description
If you want to use a content part you could select or create it.
Otherwise choose Text editor.
2) Add information that the learner consult during recording
For example a checklist with tips for the learner to pay attention to while recording, or the objectives needed to complete the assignment.
Here you can also choose to use a content part, or you can add text directly in the text editor.
3) Set the default settings
See the article Add hand-in assignment, because these settings are the same.
No hand-in button while testing
You will not see the hand-in button while testing the video hand-in assignment. This button is only visible to subscribed learners. You can see an example of the screen of a learner in the example below.
After clicking Create video response, the learner will see a popup in which the recording can be started, if the device they're using has a recording feature.
Once a video has been recorded, it can still be deleted. Once the learner clicks Hand in, it is definite and other learners can give feedback and/or the instructor can assess the video, depending on the settings.
- Setting up the hand-in assignment with objectives
- Adding conditions