○ Tutorial: Create a demo to promote your course
- You would like to add a demo in aNewSpring to promote your official learning journey, which will not cost you any learner license.
Designer, Administrator, Reseller and Tenant
1) Create a template
Under the tab Templates, click on + Template and choose the purpose "To create a demo".
These are the features of a demo:
- If a learner subscribes to the demo, it will cost you no learner licenses.
- Learners will have access to it for 10 days.
- You can add a maximum of 15 questions and/or content parts.
- You can add one SCORM
- It is not possible to add a hand-in assignment or another activity where an instructor has to assess the assignments.
- It is not possible for learners to discuss with other learners.
- Which functionalities should I activate in the template?
2) Tips for creating the demo
To create a course structure, take a look at the Tutorial: How do I create a basic course?.
You can only add 15 questions and/or content parts
Because of this it is not recommended to create a lot of activities. Try to make the participants curious about the rest of the activities and let them know what to expect from the full version.
Do you want to demontrate the MemoTrainer or not?
If you want to demonstrate the MemoTrainer, it is best to add questions to the MemoTrainer using the Directly MemoTrainable questions button. If the learner starts the demo, he can immediately do a MemoTraining.
If you do not want to demonstrate the MemoTrainer, you can remove the MemoTraining and Exercise widget by clicking the X in the widgets. You should also disable the option Retentiontraining with the MemoTrainer under the Template settings tab.
Add a custom widget
You can personalize your demo by adding an introduction video. You can find out how to add a widget in the Manage widgets article.
If you would like to find out if the learners want to buy the whole course, you could add an inquiry activity to the learning journey to gauge that. In the article Which activities can I use in a template? you will find instructions on how to add a inquiry to the template.
You only have room for 15 questions / content parts. You could therefore create one open question (evaluation) where you ask multiple questions.
3) Publish the template and create a course
If the template is published, create the course. You can do this via the Templates tab and then the + Course button.
4) Add the demo to the catalogue
Add a catalogue product of this course and choose the purchase method Demo. You will find how to do this here: Using the catalogue.
Make sure that under the Settings tab the option 'Show available demos in catalogue' is checked.
5) Add a link of the demo on your website
When you have published the demo, it will be visible within the catalogue. To get the link to the demo, you can do the following.
Take the following link as base: http://yourenvironment.anewspring.com/do?action=addDemoProduct&productId=2
1) Fill in the url of your own aNewSpring environment instead of yourenvironment.anewspring.com.
2) If you click Edit on the product under the Reseller tab, you can find the 'id' in the URL. Replace '2' with that number.
Now you can use this link on your website or in a newsletter to ensure that as many people as possible do the demo and buy the final course.
6) Check the results of the learners
To view the results of the inquiry and other activities, click on the Instruct tab. Click on More after the course and then on Course statistics to go directly to the statistics.
Click on the activity on the left in the structure, then click on the Questions tab and open the question to see all the answers.