○ Adding events
- You want to invite learners for a day of practice, exam moment in the class, a webinar or another organised event.
- The event is held on multiple days/times and you want to give learners the opportunity to choose a time.
- You want to register which learners will attend and when.
- You want to set a minimum amount of participants for an event, so it will only happen when that number is reached.
- You want to set a limit for the amount of learners that can participate.
1) Create an event activity in the template
Click the tab Templates and then the button Edit at the template that should have the event. Click + Activity and choose Event. If the template had already been published, you can publish the activity right away.
2) Add the event
At the tab Templates, expand the template and click on the name of the course. Then go to the tab Activities and click Manage events.
On the next page you can create an event by clicking +Event
Are learners obligated to attend the meeting? Then check the box Enrol learners directly to the event when they start with the course. You can only check this box if you link one event to the activity.
Learners will still have the option to unenrol. If you want to prevent this, you can use the setting 'Limit unenrolment' as described in step 2.
Once learners are enrolled for an event, you cannot unlink the event from the event activity.
3) Enter the details of the event
Give the event a description, date, time and location.
Set a period in which a learner can unsubscribe from an event. Learners can only unenrol until the end of the set time period, once the set time period is finished, learners are unable to unenrol.
4) Determine the event type
In this article we assume an event that takes place physically. But take a look at the article Adding an online event.
5) Enter the amount of learners
Minimum is the minimum amount of registrations that is necessary to hold the event. The participant can see if there are enough participants.
At maximum you can indicate the maximum amount of learners that can register. When that has been reached, no new registrations will be accepted.
6) Set up the assessment (optional)
Under the tab Assessment you can indicate if learners need to be assessed for the event. This is turned off by default (No assessment).
Choose for Attendance if you want to use the event for attendance registration. Learners will be assessed with 'Present' or 'Absent'.
When you have assessed the event for a learner, the learner will receive a notification.
7) Set the right status for the event
At the top of the page, you can change the Event status. By default, this is set to Unconfirmed, if you know for sure that the event will be held, you can set it to Confirmed. Or you can set it to Cancelled to cancel the event. Registered learners will receive a notification by mail about any change of the status.
You can change the text of the notifications called 'Event status updated' and 'Event assessed'. See Editing notifications.
By default, Enrolment is set to Open. By setting it to Closed, learners can't register for the event anymore.